I can’t believe it’s almost been two weeks since I ended my whole 30 journey. Even though I had a great experience, I knew exactly what non-whole 30 meal I was going to enjoy first. If you really know me, you know that I’m a lover of pancakes. Not French toast. Pancakes. Seriously though, how can you go wrong with buttered hot cakes with syrup and fruit?! I could go on about why pancakes trump French toast any day but I’ll save that for another post.
Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea to ease my way back into eating foods I avoided, so I decided to look up Paleo pancakes and realized that the majority of them used coconut flour. I came across a few variations of recipes and put my own twist on this one here.
Before making these I was a little nervous because I’ve never made pancakes from scratch but seeing how quick and easy it was I’m going to be making a lot more homemade cakes!
P.S. If you’re a fan of coconut you’re going to love these!
Ingredients (makes about 6 cakes)
¼ cup of coconut milk
3 tbsp. of melted coconut oil
¼ cup of coconut flour
¼ tsp. of baking powder
¼ tsp. of sea salt
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and coconut flakes for topping
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until completely blended without lumps
2. Use ghee or olive oil to grease your skillet
3. Pour the batter on the skillet into small circles (about 3-4 inches)
4. Let the cakes cook until you see little air bubbles then flip to the other side
5. Top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes, peanut butter, and honey!